Frequently asked questions
» Can I order by phone?
» How long will an item remain in my cart?
» What payment methods can I use?
» What happens if one of the products I ordered is out of stock?
» Will the HP Home & Home Office Store confirm my order?
Shipping and delivery
» When will I receive my order?
» What if I'm not home when my purchase arrives?
» What if I don't receive my custom-built PC by the expected delivery date?
» How to ship to an APO/FPO address?
HP Care Packs
» Why buy an HP Care Pack?
Bill Me Later®
» What is Bill Me Later®?
Can I order by phone?
Yes, you can buy products online or by calling toll free 1 (888) 999-4747 (7 a.m.–2 a.m. EST every day). On Christmas Eve and New Years Eve, we will be open from 8 a.m – 3 p.m. EST. Our contact center is closed on New Year's Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day.
Orders may be placed through our Web site 24 hours a day.
How long will an item remain in my cart?
A customized PC that you have configured will remain in your Cart for up to seven days, or until the series is no longer available. All other items will remain in your Cart for 30 days.
Your Cart is also emptied when you press the Checkout button to place your order. In addition, you can remove items from your Cart by clicking on the Remove box next to the item in your Cart and clicking on the Update Cart button.
Remember that if you've previously registered and have signed out, you will need to sign in the next time you visit the site in order to be recognized and to retrieve your Cart.
The list of items in your Cart does not reflect an actual order. They are items that have been added to your Cart. Until an order is submitted and an order number is assigned, prices and availability are subject to change.
What payment methods can I use?
What happens if one of the products I ordered is out of stock?
Once your order has been placed, if one of the products you ordered is temporarily out of stock, the HP Home & Home Office Store will be unable to process the rest of your order. We will send you an e-mail message to notify you of an out-of-stock item as soon as possible. If you still want to buy the remaining items, we will ask you to re-order them separately. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Will the HP Home & Home Office Store confirm my order?
Yes, as soon as the HP Home & Home Office Store receives your order we'll send you an e-mail message that confirms the products are in stock. We will also e-mail you when your order is shipped.
Can I change my order?
The HP Home & Home Office Store processes accepted orders very promptly and is unable to change an order once you have received an order confirmation. We are happy to assist in placing a new order with the desired changes and will attempt to cancel or arrange for a return of your first order.
- Custom-built PCs begin the build process soon after order acceptance however we will attempt to cancel your order. If cancellation is not possible it will be necessary to return the product after delivery. To initiate a cancellation attempt for a custom-built PC call customer service at 1-888-650-1544.
- All other products -- including printers, accessories, ink, toner, and Quick-ship or pre-built PCs – begin the shipment process immediately after order acceptance. We are unable to cancel orders for these products and you will need to request a return by calling 1-888-650-1544 and place a new order. View our return policy here.
- To place a new order use this website, call 1 (888) 999-4747, or click here for a product specialist to contact you and assist with selecting and ordering your desired product.
Information regarding refunds can be found here.
If an order is processed in error contact our customer service immediately at 1-888-650-1544.
Can I cancel my order?
The HP Home & Home Office Store begins processing accepted orders immediately and is unable to accept order cancellations requests once you have received an order confirmation. If you are not satisfied with your product once delivered you may return it per our return policy.
More information regarding refunds can be found here.
If an order is processed in error contact our customer service immediately at 1-888-650-1544.
How can I check the status of my order?
Click on the order status button located on the home page navigation bar.
If you are a registered user, you can sign in using your e-mail and password to access your order status.
If you are not a registered user, just type in your order confirmation number and billing phone number.
Once you enter the "order status" page, you'll find your order number, the order status, your FedEx tracking number and a copy of your invoice.
When will I receive my order?
When you receive your order depends on when you place your order, your choice of shipping, and what you order. Ready-to-ship items ordered by 10:00 pm Eastern time Monday through Friday ship the same day except for New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. All other orders for ready-to-ship items ship the next business day. Custom-built desktop and notebook PCs ship as soon as they are completed. Once your order ships, delivery depends on your chosen shipping method. You may check the status of your shipment by clicking on the shipping tracking information shown in your order status.
What if I'm not home when my purchase arrives?
A signature is required for most deliveries. We will make three separate attempts to deliver your order. After the third unsuccessful attempt, your order will be returned to the HP Home & Home Office Store warehouse.
What if I don't receive my custom-built PC by the expected delivery date?
You can check the status of your order by clicking on your account located on the home page navigation bar, and then clicking on your orders. Your orders will indicate whether your item has shipped. If you need additional information, call us at 1 (888) 999-4747 and one of our sales associates can assist you.
What if I have a question about my order?
Call HP Home & Home Office Store customer service at 1 (888) 999-4747 for help.
How do I use a coupon?
To redeem coupons, follow these simple steps:
- After reviewing your cart, click on "Continue Checkout".
- Fill in your billing, shipping and credit card information and select your shipment method.
- Enter your coupon code in the box provided.
- After you click on "Continue Checkout", the next page will show your order summary reflecting the price reduction of your coupon.
- After you have successfully placed your order, you will receive an e-mail confirmation.
If your Coupon Code is rejected, there may be several reasons:
- You have entered the Coupon Code incorrectly. Please re-check the code and re-enter it.
- You are trying to apply a discount to a product not included in the coupon offer, such as products combined with others in a bundle, or refurbished products that may not allow coupon discounts.
- Your coupon has expired.
- Your coupon requires a minimum purchase which has not been met.
- Your coupon is limited to a set quantity of purchases and the limit has already been met. For example, limited to the first 250 units sold.
- Your product is not available to coupon discounts as designated by coupon details.
If our site does not accept your coupon, and you believe you have a valid coupon, please contact our sales associates at 1 (888) 999-4747. They can assist in resolving the coupon redemption problem.
HP Home & Home Office Store distributes coupons to our customers periodically. All standard HP Home & Home Store Terms & Conditions apply to purchases made using coupons including our Personal Use policy. Coupons may be subject addition terms, conditions, and restrictions including:
- For HP Home & Home Office Store online and phone order purchases.
- Must be redeemed at the time of order.
- Valid between start and end dates as posted on the coupon.
- Limited to one usage per customer. One coupon per checkout.
- Not transferable.
- Coupons may not be used to purchase gift cards.
- May require a minimum purchase as designated in the individual coupon details.
- Not valid in retail stores.
- May or may not be valid with other discounts, bundles, promotions, discount purchase programs, or HP services.
- May not be combined with instant rebates.
- May or may not be valid on customized desktop/notebook PC orders.
- May or may not be valid on Compaq Presario and HP Pavilion desktops with Intel Celeron or AMD Sempron processors.
- May be valid only online or only at the call-in sales center.
- May be valid only with a specific type of payment.
- May or may not be valid with refurbished products.
- May or may not be limited to a set quantity of purchases, i.e., limited to the first 250 units sold.
- Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law.
- Valid until supplies last.
- Not redeemable for cash.
- Not valid retroactively for previously purchased products.
- Not valid on auction products.
- Subject to program and pricing changes without notice.
- Not valid for any resale activity as defined by the HP Home & Home Office Store.
If you wish to return an item that was purchased with a coupon, you will be refunded only for the amount you were charged. Coupon discounts are applied to product totals before any applicable taxes.
Each HP Home & Home Office Store coupon is identified by a Coupon Code and has different requirements and rewards associated with it. Review your coupon for the specific requirements, as all requirements must be met in order to receive the coupon discount.
The HP Home & Home Office Store does restrict the use of coupons and discounts for certain types of products, order sizes, and/or time periods based on criteria established by the HP Home & Home Office Store.
Products and support purchased with coupons are solely for the Customer's personal use and not for immediate resale or sub-licensing.
Can I use a coupon if I place an order by phone?
Some HP Home & Home Office Store coupons are valid for both on-line and phone orders; however, some coupons may be restricted to on-line orders only. During the checkout process, the coupon codes must be entered before the order is submitted in order to receive your discount.
What if my Coupon Code does not work?
After applying your Coupon Code, on the REDEEM COUPON page during the CHECKOUT process, your discount should appear. There may be several reasons if this does not occur:
- You have entered the Coupon Code incorrectly. Please re-check the code number and re-enter it.
- You are trying to apply a discount to a product not included in the coupon offer.
- Your coupon has expired.
If our site does not accept your coupon, and you believe you have a valid coupon, please contact our sales associates at 1 (888) 999-4747.
What are refurbished products?
Refurbished HP products are top quality products that perform like new and are available at discounts. Refurbished products are typically customer returns that have been completely restored to their original performance, then fully tested and inspected by HP-trained technicians. Others may be excess inventory items or products that have small scrapes, scratches or other cosmetic imperfections. When needed, damaged parts have been replaced to ensure the product meets factory requirements. Refurbished products may contain remanufactured parts.
Why buy refurbished products?
Refurbished HP products are a great way to get high-quality, reliable HP products at affordable prices. All HP refurbished products are backed by an HP limited factory warranty. See the warranty description for full details.
Why buy an HP Care Pack?
A Hewlett-Packard Care Pack ensures that you get maximum value from your product.
- It enhances and/or extends your standard warranty.
- It minimizes your costs in time and money if repairs are required.
You sustain no additional cost per repair incident, no matter how many times you utilize your HP Care Pack!
- You pay one low price for the agreement itself.
- Just one repair performed without a Care Pack can cost several times more than the price of the Care Pack.
Depending on the agreement available for your product, an HP Care Pack can:
- Expedite your repair, improving turnaround time to next day service.
- Extend the total time that your product is under warranty.
Only Hewlett-Packard trained technicians, using genuine Hewlett-Packard parts, will repair your product. You will not see a bill for any covered repair or for expedited service (should it apply), regardless of how often you call. To purchase an HP service agreement, call 1-888-999-4747.
How can I buy a new product that's not on HP Home & Home Office Store?
Click here to link to HP's Reseller Locator to find an HP reseller in your local area.
How can I buy a refurbished product that's not on HP Home & Home Office Store?
Many of HP's resellers carry HP refurbished products from time to time. Also, we're continually adding products to HP Home & Home Office Store, so check back again soon.
How to ship to an APO/FPO address?
Here's how to set up for delivery to your APO or FPO address:
- First select a forwarding service, an independent company that handles the final leg of the shipping, that is located within the 50 United States or the District of Columbia. (see www.ShipItAPO.com) Note: The HP Home & Home Office Store is in no way affiliated or connected with any forwarding services.
- Review the forwarding service fees and capacity to handle oversized products such as TVs and large laser printers. Our shipping and handling fees, including any free shipping promotions, cover only delivery to the forwarding service facility. The forwarding service will charge you separately for its delivery to your location.
- After establishing an account with the forwarding service, select products on the HP Home & Home Office Store web site or by phone. Keep in mind that credit card payments must be made with a card issued by a U.S. bank and foreign bill-to addresses will not be accepted.
- During checkout, provide your "ship to" address as per the forwarding service's instructions (this is typically a combination of the forwarding service facility address and a unique identifier for you).
- The HP Home & Home Office Store will deliver your order to the forwarding service facility. Our delivery commitment applies only to this leg of delivery. Inventory ownership and responsibility transfer to you at this point, consider purchasing insurance through the forwarding service to cover final delivery.
The forwarding service will ship your product via instructions you provided during the account set-up.
Returns from outside the HP Home & Home Office Store's delivery area:
Need to return something? If you're an APO/FPO customer outside the HP Home & Home Office Store delivery area, the standard HP Home & Home Office Store returns policy applies, with the exception that you're responsible for shipping the product back to the HP Home & Home Office Store state-side returns depot, plus handling, customs, and inventory liability that may be incurred.
The HP Home & Home Office Store will accept product returns and exchanges up to 21 days after delivery, except on opened, boxed software, Designjet Z2100 series Printers, HP Color LaserJet CP6015dn Printer, and excluding gift cards except where required by law. After the 21 day period has ended, support for defective merchandise will be provided by HP customer care.
The HP Home & Home Office Store will include tax, if applicable, with return refunds. Original shipping and handling charges will not be refunded.
To return a product:
- E-mail the HP Home & Home Office Store at
email@example.com the original order number, product description, quantity to be returned, and reason for return.
- If the return is authorized, we will e-mail you back an RMA number and return shipping address.
- Repackage the product in its original packaging.
- Write the RMA number in large letters on the outside of the package.
- Ship the product to the address in the return authorization e-mail. Since you're responsible for the safe delivery of the inventory to the HP Home & Home Office Store's returns depot, you may wish to insure it against loss.
- Once the return is received and the product inspected, the HP Home & Home Office Store will issue a credit (usually 5 to 7 business days after receipt).
Returns coming from inside the HP Home & Home Office Store's delivery area:
To initiate a return request from inside our delivery area, call 1 (888) 999-4747.
For product support in the United States
Call 1 (800) 474-6836
Note: If you're an APO/FPO customer calling a domestic toll-free number from outside the United States, you'll need to use a long-distance carrier access number such as from AT&T USADirect or MCI WorldPhone. Refer to your long distance carrier for instructions.
What is PayPal?
PayPal, an eBay company, is a global leader in online payments. PayPal allows you to send and receive secure online payments--working seamlessly with your existing credit card and checking account. Learn more
What are the benefits of PayPal?
- With state-of-the-art technology and high security standards, PayPal is dedicated to keeping your information safe and private.
- When you make a payment using PayPal, the recipient never learns your financial information.
- PayPal offers ease and flexibility, accepting all major credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover Network, and American Express), as well as all major debit cards and direct transfers.
Is PayPal secure?
Not only does PayPal help keep your financial information private, PayPal guarantees 100% protection against unauthorized payments sent from your account.
How do I sign up for PayPal?
To use PayPal as a payment method, you need to establish a PayPal account (Note: credit card information is not required to sign up for PayPal). Signing up for a PayPal account is easy, and takes just a few minutes to complete. Once you're done, you can send your payment in minutes! Sign Up for PayPal Now
How do I use PayPal to purchase at the Home and Home Office Store?
If you already have an existing PayPal account, make sure to select PayPal as your payment option during checkout. If you do not have a PayPal account, Sign Up for PayPal Now
What is your return policy?
The HP Home & Home Office Store will accept returns and exchanges up to 21 days after delivery for most products. Exceptions apply. Exceptions include gift cards which cannot be returned except where required by law and packaged software which can only be returned or exchanged if the original packaging is unopened, some oversized printers, and gift cards (except where required by law). See our full Return & Exchange Policy.
How do I return a product(s)?
Chat hours of operation:
8 a.m. to 12 midnight EST Monday thru Friday
9 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST Saturday & Sunday
When will I receive my refund?
Credit for returns and exchanges will not be issued until the HP Home & Home Office Store confirms receipt of the merchandise. Your financial institution may take 5-7 business days to process the credit and reflect on your account. To check the status of your refund, click on your order status.
What is Bill Me Later®?
Bill Me Later® is the quick, easy, secure way to buy online or over the phone without using your credit card. Simply select this option at checkout, enter top-of-mind information, and in a few easy steps, accept the terms and you're done. You'll receive a monthly statement listing all your purchases. Bill Me Later® is subject to credit approval as determined by Comenity Capital Bank, Salt Lake City, Utah, and is available to US customers who are of legal age in their state of residence
Visit www.billmelater.com for a complete list of merchants that accept Bill Me Later®
What about security?
We are confident that your credit card number and personal information are secure. We use a Secure Sockets Layer security system, which is widely accepted as the Internet security standard. When you submit your private information, it is encrypted, meaning your information is encoded and secure as it travels across the Internet. Additionally, you may elect to have your credit card information stored with us for your future shopping convenience. Storing your credit card information with us is safe, hassle free, and will enable you to checkout quickly during future purchases. Upon authorization from your bank, we will encrypt your credit card information using the latest technology. Your credit card information will be stored in our secured databases, which reside behind a firewall, completely inaccessible from the Internet.
As you navigate the site, you may receive security-warning messages, depending on your browser settings. Most browsers will notify you if you are about to leave or enter a secure site, if the site you are about to transmit to does not have a valid identification, or if the connection you have with the site is not secure to send a transmission. By responding to these warnings, you are taking the first step towards protecting yourself from vulnerabilities to theft or privacy invasion.
To learn more about our secure transactions and the HP Home & Home Office Store's safe shopping guarantee click here.
Click here to learn more about what the HP Home & Home Office Store is doing to respect your privacy.