Rated 4 out of 5Â by DeeLS I am very happy
I wanted a tablet that is a tablet/pc, at a reasonable price. After researching the Hybrids, Surface and HP, I chose the OMNI 10. It has Windows and Office 13. Every upgrade has improved OMNI 10 performance. My one complaint so far is that I can't find a keyboard case that is made for the OMNI 10 that works with windows. OMNI 10 is a great choice for the money.
March 26, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5Â by Man1 Great Windows 8 Tablet
I bought this to replace my Android tablet and iPad. I liked iPad and Android tablet, but they still cannot become my only home device, there were many things I just need a laptop to do. With this tablet, I finally able to do everything I need. I started taking this to meetings at work for its light weight over the laptop.
- Windows PC in tablet form factor
- Reasonable Price
- MS Office included, open and edit work related docs
- smooth performance, you need to watch memory usage though, not meant to run heavy duty desktop applications.
- Good build quality, not aesthetically but feel good in hand. you do not feel you need a protector.
- good screen color and brightness, very good resolution
- good battery life, last through whole day, but not the best
- Print and access shared file storage at home.
- support Flash and any media files
- able to use it for real tasks not just entertainment or casual web browsing
- true multitask OS, I didn't know I missed it until I got this tablet
- huge existing PC program market available.
- lack accessories
- lack windows 8 tile applications
- camera and camera app on the device is not good compare to others
- windows 8 could do more to help users manage memory.
- Microsoft or HP needs to work on usability on high res 10" screen, default fonts should be bigger for easier read.
- 4G ram would be better, but for the price I paid, I should not be asking
If Microsoft do it right in the next few years, this tablet, its descendants or its variations could take back the market.Unless there is breakthrough in iOS or Android, I don't think I can go back to them.
March 23, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5Â by rush Impressive
I work from home and needed a personal device to supplement my entertainment needs all day. For eight hours a day on a single charge, I have a second monitor hooked up via the HDMI port streaming my slingbox video. During the slingbox streaming, I use the tablet display for all my internet needs; browsing, reading news, checking email, and even running an android emulator for games. It handled all that again on a single charge. Did l say impressive. Considering that you get Office student with the purchase, how can you go wrong with this device.
March 22, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5Â by ITworks Great Windows tablet
Exceeded my expectations in the following ways:
- Speed including boot is quick
- Screen crisp and clean for all applications videos, pictures, games, browser, etc
- USB port work to connect USB devices e.g. USB 3.0 thumb drive
- HDMI port worked for video and sound as if from a Blu-Ray
- Bluetooth range and quality
- Fully functioning Windows tablet
- Google speak works
- Feel of the tablet: size, weight and hold
- Worked well with pointer pen (also avoids the finger marks)
- Screen rotates 360/4 to allow for power and connectors to be placed where needed
March 18, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5Â by annteak2 Performance
Although I am new to tablets and the touch technology I was in the trials on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 is a vast improvement but as far as my review of the Omni 10 it does lock up on several occasions an I was unable to unlock it or even power it down the lockup was so complete. After several hours Iwas able to power it down and backup and it continued on its merry way. This is annoying to say the least and I have decided to return it and go to the HP 11t which is a bit more expensive but maybe will perform better.
February 17, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5Â by jpwolters11 Excellent Product for the Price, no accessories
For the price, it is an excellent product. Very responsive.
Biggest disappointment so far is the lack of accessories.
February 3, 2014