Rated 5 out of 5Â by Davidmarie Truly Close to Flawless
This may well be the finest new product in this segment in years. It is built as solid as a tank. The attention to detail of design and construction is an all new territory for HP - as it would be for any brand. I literally cannot think of a single feature of this awesome machine that is either missing or does not perform exceedingly well.
Actually, I can cite one single area of disappointment: the track pad. Overall it is pretty good - not the best, very far from the worst. Single biggest problem I have is with palm rejection while typing. I occasionally get a "flying cursor." This is not close to sever enough to dock a star. The more I learn how to fiddle with the Synaptics Control Panel, the better it gets. These things always are improved with driver updates - either from HP or from Synaptics.
Among so many great features, here are the standouts:
1) Screen. I have the QHD and I don't see how anyone is having problems with this (as one or two reviewers stated). Windows 8.1 brings a whole new world of scaling to Windows. I set the typeface to 150% or occasionally 200% and there is no "eyestrain!" Characters are as smooth, sharp and crisp as I have ever seen. Colors are superb (85% of sRGB based on reviews) and the detail on 1080p and 1440p video are spectacular.
2. Smoothness of Operation - everything about this laptop screams expensive (but it isn't!). The keyboard is superb. The touchscreen is almost psychic!
3. Performance - I can't tax this machine enough to create noticeable lag or hiccups.
4. Aesthetics - this is truly a beautiful piece of kit. Direct competitors are the Samsung Ativ 9 Plus and the Asus UX301 and for $400 and $700 less, the Spectre 13t just walks away with the crown for classiest Ultrabook.
PS: Please discount any bad review that is based on:
1) Dislike of Windows 8 - this has nothing to do with the computer, and you can easily install Windows 7 on it.
2) "Battery died in one week" and similar minor hardware failures that will affect a small % of any computer product sold. Hp's support is truly first rate and they not only get a new replacement out to you quickly, they often give you additional discounts for the inconvenience. Note that without these entirely irrelevant negative reviews (from forums I participate, I know the defect on this computer is very low), HP's customers rate this computer nearly 5-*****. This is unprecedented for an HP product.
February 10, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5Â by aeon You must know before Buying.
This is best laptop. (spectre 13)
One fatal drawbacks.
Can get noticeably warm
annoying hissing noises
short battery life
Screen can be tiring to look at
Everything starts at the one place.
Never Do not buy !!
Does not fit in 13 inches.
If you choose FHD everything better.
Noise, heat, battery time, readability, everything is different.
QHD and FHD laptop computer that is completely different.
reviews and actual user experience.
Do not select QHD
FHD spectre 13 is The best in the world.
not stupid spec....
i5 or i7,8GB,256GB,FHD,ACwlan
February 6, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5Â by rw65 nice laptop
This is a great laptop with great battery life, nice screen and resolution. I had some trepidation with Win8.1, but have spent time to figure out a lot of it I have an android phone and wish that I could use some of those apps with the win 8 laptop. My main complaint is that I can't sync my Yahoo calendar with any microsoft app, but there is a Yahoo mail app which works ok. There is also a Firefox app which gives me access to mail, calendar from either metro interface or the desktop. I have loaded some programs to the desktop with a CD drive and that is not difficult to do. Some things are in different places, such as the control panel, but it seems as if all of the functionality I am used to in Win 7 is there, maybe just in a different location. The Spectre response time seems fine and the size and weight seem to be a good compromise in today's world.
February 25, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5Â by aeon Recommendation!
Check Battery runtime.
wifi on web surfing (brightness40%) = QHD 5h 47m (fan noise=31~45.8db)
wifi on web surfing (brightness40%) = FHD 9h 04m (fan noise=29.6~37.5db)
i think i7, 8G, 256G, FHD, ACwlan is best value.
February 13, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5Â by WhyPeepa Smooth and slick
For those people looking for a Windows laptop that looks and feels like a macbook pro or a macbook air, this is the perfect laptop. It has a nice crisp shut just like the feel when you shut a mac laptop and the aluminum build feels incredible. The laptop is ultra light while still feeling sturdy. The touchscreen is also a major plus with Windows 8 and the fan is ok, not as loud as people make it seem.
Problems: after 2 days of having it the touch screen no longer works and I am sending it back. Hopefully the next one I get is fixed.
February 11, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5Â by Cathyb123 This computer didn't work long enough
This computer didn't work long enough to find out how it would perform. It looked great, but evidently the internal battery was bad. The battery is built in, so you can not just get a new battery it must be sent in to have the battery replaced.
February 5, 2014