Rated 3 out of 5Â by Alex824 Okay, but nothing special
I picked this laptop up as a secondary work computer, and while the software and everything seems to work okay, I have a few issues:
1. The computer doesn't come with any of the disks for software, if you'd need to reinstall. I created a backup of the computer, but there was no information packets with help on what to do/how to create backups/etc. I don't need paperwork for it, but a help file when you first boot up would be nice.
2. I didn't see any notice that the touchpad is highly textured. It's not bad, per se, but it is very weird (and I worry about cleanliness over time).
3. My laptop has had two major glitches since I've started using it (within the month). Both times it restarted without issue, but this is not what I'd expect from a brand-new computer.
Overall, it's a satisfactory laptop that does what it needs to do, and #3 may just be my computer, as frustrating as that may be.
July 19, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5Â by Laura694 Overall Great Computer
I love this laptop! The overall design is great! It's big but also sleek and thin. Starts up fairly fast and overall processing is very good. I would definitely recommend this laptop to any college student like myself.
July 17, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5Â by cjjj It's pretty good so far
I guess if you got this computer and it was defective, I feel sorry for you. Sometimes, electronics can be defective since it was made and it's just bad luck. I always worry about that whenever I get a new computer. Well, in search of a new laptop around my price range, this was the best. I have not been able to find any other laptops around this price range with windows 7. The key feature I was looking for was the windows 7. I hate how microsot always tries to upgrade windows every several years. I don't understand why they think new is always better. Look what happened to windows vista. It was horrible. Don't they realize that big changes like that only aggravate customers?
- Pros: i-5 processor
- a lot of memory and space
- windows 7
- Con: no back-light key
- Mouse pad is not very good (the worst mousepad so far on any laptops I had so far. It just doesn't respond as well)
- no dedicated graphics card (meaning the processor will have to do all the work of a graphics card)
- Keyboard is not the best. Noticed I can't type as fast without making a lot of spelling errors
- Battery life is actually only about 2 -3 hours or less, NOT over 9 hours. It's not even close.. smh.
I'mma have to see how this laptop holds up. You can only tell if the laptop is good when you've been using it for at least several months of not failing. All new laptops are "great" in the beginning. We shall see...
July 17, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5Â by mellown To Me this product is easier to use then windows 8
I had windows Vista I tried the windows 8.1 found hard to use some might like it but I prefer the windows 7. I like the Performance and Features would recommend
July 13, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5Â by jackquito Good Basic Laptop
- No dedicated video card/memory
- Intel I5 processor
- No CAPS or NUM LOCK light turns on or off
- Windows 7
- Bright screen
- Comfortable keyboard to type in (especially when using the laptop for school/work.
In summary I like the laptop for basic functionality. Bought this laptop for my parents and they love it. Especially after they got used to XP/Vista style OS. They were afraid of windows 8 which means for them they need to learn a few tricks.
I hope HP continues to sell laptops with windows 7. I need two more with a bit more power, but with windows 7 as the OS.
July 11, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5Â by catndog defective times 2
I ordered this computer with 1TB hard drive. I was very happy with the product for about 5 days. Then the images on the screen were off and I began getting Blue Screen errors. Tech support was not able to help resolve the problem. Finally returned the 1st computer and was sent another. On day 4 the second computer did the same thing. It was returned. Very disappointed.
July 11, 2014